The Lelarge family only farms 1.5 hectares of Chardonnay, in the village of Vrigny. Up until 2007, they had never bottled a Blanc de Blancs. This Blanc de Blancs is made of Chardonnay, farmed organically, on sandy/clay soils in Vrigny.
- 35 year old vines
- 100% Chardonnay
- Organic farming
- Non Vintage
- Hand picked
- Native yeast, Low sulfur
- Aged in stainless steel
- Aged on the lees, in the bottle for 5 years
- Extra-Brut - Dosage : 2g/L
- 12% alcohol
- Nose: Pear blossom, freshly cut apple, notes of pastries
- Mouth: Apple, pears, buttered brioche, lime and minerals on the finish.
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 9° and 11°C
- Open anytime in the next five years.
Slightly fried fish or a buttery crab.