This is a "non-traditional traditional" Rosé from Champagne. Indeed, it’s a blended sparkling rosé, but it is made of 100% Pinot Noir. Often, Rosé Champagne are composed of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Meunier. The Lelarge-Pugeot family makes this wine by directly pressing Pinot Noir grapes in from the field and letting the juice ferment and age in tanks. The finished wine is then blended with 8% of barrel aged, 2012 red Pinot Noir before bottling.
- 40 year old vines
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Organic farming
- Vintage 2012
- Hand picked
- Native yeast, Low sulfur
- Aged in stainless steel
- Aged on the lees, in the bottle for 6 years
- Extra-Brut - Dosage : 2g/L
- 12% alcohol
- Appearance: Medium salmon
- Nose: Forest floor, spiced strawberry.
- Mouth: Crisp and dry, medium plus acid, delicate bubbles, orange zest, wild strawberry, cherry and mushroom with a slight bitterness on the finish. Fruity and savory !
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 8° and 10°C
- Open anytime in the next five years.
- Shellfish; pink shrimp and pink Champagne are a great pairing — or chicken with a citrus salad. With its crisp acidity, it will even partner red meat.