100% Meunier from vintage 2012. Extra-Brut, only 2g/L of Dosage. A pur meunier, very lively and fine. Balanced with intense fruitiness and crisp minerality. Juicy citrus, and a delicate mousse.
The first vintage this wine was made was in 2010 when Clémence really pushed Dominique, her dad to move towards a 100% Pinot Meunier. Indeed, the meunier juices were always her favorite.
Meunier is the 2nd most planted grape in Champagne, right after Pinot Noir. But for the longest time, Meunier was seen as the black sheep, a grape that was only good in a blend. Meunier is an historical grape for the Lelarge-Pugeot family, many years ago, the village of Vrigny was covered with Pinot Meunier.
This release is the 3rd vintange of this extra-brut made from Premier Cru vineyards, farmed organically and under the principle of biodynamic farming.
- 40 year-old vines
- 100% Meunier
- Organic and biodynamic farming
- Vintage 2012
- Hand picked
- Native yeast, Low sulfur
- Aged in stainless steel tanks
- Aged on the lees, in the bottle for 5.5 years
- Extra-Brut - Dosage : 2g/L
- 12% alcohol
- Appearance: light yellow
- Nose: Spring time, fennel, crisp apple, almond paste
- Mouth: Very bright for a 8 year-old wine. Flavors of yellow plums, meyer lemons, berries and calcareous floors.
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 9° and 11°C
- Open anytime in the next ten years.