Pouilly-Fuissé is the most famous of the five official crus of the Mâconnais, established in 1936. This appellation is known all over the world for producing the most complex and intense Chardonnay on the finest terroirs in South Burgundy.
- 35 year old vines
- 100% Chardonnay
- Low yield: 68 hl/ha. Only 2.2 hectares total.
- Very thin limestone soils
- Very deep rooted vines
- 100% hand-picked
- Stainless cold-temperature fermentation
- Aged in 500L barrels
- 13% alcohol
- Appearance: Golden, reflective.
- Nose: Intense and complex vanilla and toasted brioche. Followed by ripe pineapple and lime.
- Mouth: Elegant continuation of the nose. Warm bread and white flowers with a touch of lemon zest. Balanced and very fruity.
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 53° – 55° F.
- Open anytime in the next 8-10 years.
Perfect for a fancy dinner, this chardonnay is great with robust seafoods like fish terrine and salt crust salmon. Great with goat cheese.