Burgundy is the original home of Pinot Noir, Gamay’s big brother, and this is where you find the best. The Maconnâis is more known for its whites, but you can get great Pinot here without burning a hole in your pocket!
- 30-40 year old vines (by the house)
- 100% Pinot Noir
- 100% hand picked
- Clay and limestone soils
- Fermented for ten days in concrete tanks
- Aged in 80% neutral oak for nine months
- 12.5% alcohol
- Appearance: Light brick red with crimson highlights.
- Nose: Expressive note of cherry, ripe strawberries, light caramel.
- Mouth: Well-balanced between cherry and black pepper, power- ful, soft tannins and good acidity. Classic Pinot.
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 55° – 60° F.
- Open anytime in the next 4 years.
This Pinot is very enjoyable with poultry, keep your main dishes light tofully appreciate how fine it is. Drink with appetizers like saucisson, cheese and ham, or at the end of the meal with dark chocolate. Great on a relaxing spring evening.