Direct from our friend Hugo at Domaine du Petite Pérou, this rare wine is a syrah from Beaujolais, home of gamay. This syrah is made in a light and refined style, but will surprise you with its richness and its unique fruit, spice and darkness! Incredible!
- Young vineyard
- 100% Syrah
- 42hL/Ha Yield
- Sandy Soils
- 100% hand-picked
- 25 day cold fermentation
- Aged in 120 gallon barrel
- 12.5% alcohol
- Appearance: Deep intensity, dark purple.
- Nose: Pronounced, but very delicate notes of blackcurrant, strawberry and ripe plum. Followed by eucalyptus and licorice.
- Mouth: Dry, full, intense body with low alcohol. Nice balance and match with aromas. Ripe, dark fruit and fresh jamminess. Followed by smooth violet floral aromas and a light toasted (roasted) flavor.
- For most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 15.5° – 18.3° C.
- Open anytime in the next 15 years. This syrah is already great and will develop exceptionally over the next decade.
- This wine is perfect to share over a long dinner with your family on a lazy Sunday or over the holidays. Lamb ribs, duck terrine, and pork shoulder will pair excellently with this wine. We personally like it with tuna steak or fresh lemon pie.