Coming from the finest terroirs of Pierreclos, this Mâcon-Villages has the typical character of Chardonnay from the region. Both fruity and mineral, it will marry perfectly with starters, fish, and poultry… also perfect for a drink between friends.
- Average 40-year-old vineyards, in and around the village of Pierreclos
- 100 % Chardonnay
- Low yield production (45hL from 7000 vines /Ha)
- Clay and limestone soils
- 50% hand picked grapes
- Temperature-controlled fermentation and aging in a mix of concrete and stainless tanks
- 12.5% alcohol
- <4g/L residual sugar
- Appearance: medium intensity lemon to gold
- Nose: Initially intense notes of lemon, green apple and lime. Expressive white flowers. Ripe apricot, peach and subtle pineapple show with oxygenation.
- Mouth: Dry and smooth, full-bodied. Intense notes of citrus, ripe plum and apricots. Completed with limestone minerality, which provides balance and adds to the long fruity finish.
- For the most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 13° – 14° C.
- Drink anytime in the next five years.
- This Chardonnay is great with all kinds of sea food: sushi, white fish, and especially mussels and oysters. You can also enjoy it with a lighter meat like a roast chicken breast, or with an intense goat cheese.